by Charles Cohon, President and CEO, MANA
MANA’s online RepFinder® and RepFinder® smartphone app are already the best rep search tools in the world. So, what’s next? We reinvent ourselves. Better smartphone app. Better rep profiles.
RepFinder® 2.0 Smartphone App
Version 2.0 launches now in the Apple App Store and Google Play and gives manufacturers even more sophisticated search tools than version 1.0 launched early this year.
Manufacturers use MANA’s RepFinder® to find world-class reps. But sometimes world-class reps don’t have world-class MANA-member profiles.
Why wouldn’t a world-class rep have a world-class member profile? Because they forgot to include important details, or were not careful about choosing territories or product categories.
- They forgot to include their website address.
- They claimed to cover so many territories for their number of salespeople that their territory coverage seems sparse.
- They claimed so many product categories that they seem to lack focus.
- Their profile has not been checked or updated for a long time.
Manufacturers tell us that:
- They want to see reps’ websites listed.
- They prefer reps with enough staff to cover each territory thoroughly.
- They prefer reps that focus on a particular market.
- They expect the information in reps’ profiles to be up-to-date.
To help world-class reps ensure that their member profiles present them as world-class sales forces, MANA has launched the “My Rep Profile Score” system to let reps know if their profiles don’t present them as world-class sales forces.
“My Rep Profile Score” is a private tool to let you be sure your profile is world-class. You are the only one who can see your company’s “My Rep Profile Score.” However, even though manufacturers cannot see reps’ “My MANA Rep Profile Score,” when they download a list of reps that list is sorted in “My MANA Rep Profile Score” order.
To see your “My Rep Profile Score,” watch your email or visit your company’s member profile on www.MANAonline.org.
Please call us with any questions — we are here to help!
Charles Cohon, CPMR, is CEO and president of MANA. In 2016 Cohon earned the Certified Association Executive (CAE) designation after completing American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) coursework and testing. Cohon also earned an MBA with honors and with concentrations in strategic management and entrepreneurship from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and was founder and owner of a very successful Illinois manufacturers’ representative firm for nearly 30 years before joining MANA.